Juvenile Justice Clinic
The Juvenile Justice Clinic provides legal representation to adolescents charged with committing misdemeanors or felonies as well as an experiential and classroom learning program for law students.
The Clinic's Mission is:
- To provide highly effective representation to clinic clients.
- To improve an adolescent's chance of becoming a productive citizen.
- To protect the rights and interests of children.
- To teach law students how to think independently, to synthesize facts and legal principles, and to plan litigation strategies.
- To develop a law student's ability to analyze the substantive law and to determine its appropriateness.
- To help law students understand the impact of legal systems on a community.