For Generations to Come: The Campaign for Georgetown
Georgetown is an extraordinary academic institution, one that is recognized around the world as an innovative leader in legal education. We have an unrivaled academic richness and schol¬arly excellence here. We take practice and theory very seriously. We are a leader in transnational education, we build on our place as the preeminent law school in the nation’s capital, and we are deeply dedicated to justice. No other law school brings these elements together the way that Georgetown Law does.
William M. Treanor, Dean, Georgetown University Law Center
From its location in the heart of Washington, D.C., Georgetown Law is a leader among the very best law schools, reshaping the legal academy as it provides the best possible education.
Educating lawyers in the 21st century requires more creative, collaborative and multifaceted approaches to learning than ever before. The legal landscape is changing in dramatic ways; successfully navigating it requires an expertise in government, international, business, regulatory and national security law.
Georgetown Law has the breadth and depth to shine in this rapidly changing environment. Already a leader in clinical education, we are expanding our experiential offerings. A leader in global education, we are continually upgrading collaboration across disciplines and cultures. Our academic offerings strive, as always, to enhance the connections inherent in all fields of legal scholarship. But we need to support and enrich these strengths—and ensure that a Georgetown Law education is accessible to the most qualified students through increased scholarship support.
I. Innovative Leadership: Transforming Legal Education
II. Engage the World: Leveraging Our Capital Location
III. A Just Society: Honoring Our Jesuit Heritage
IV. Academic Excellence: Investing in Faculty
V. The Next Generation: Supporting Students
- Increased the number of endowed scholarships, expanded the loan repayment assistance program and guaranteed summer public interest funding
- Expanded the number of experiential learning opportunities
- Created the Center for Transnational Legal Studies in London and several leading research institutes and centers
- Created professorships in human rights, global health and business law
Selected Giving Opportunities
- Endow a professorship or chair
- Create endowed and current-use scholarships; fund loan repayment, summer public interest or postgraduate fellowships
- Establish the Center for Law, Business and Governance and a Transactional Law Clinic
- Support the Center for the Study of the Legal Profession and other institutes and clinics
- Initiate innovative global education programs, international fellowships and human rights fellowships